JOB OPENING: Head of International Projects
LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. Our network consists mainly of university, national and special libraries. Together we help libraries support world-class research. LIBER was founded in 1971 and is based in The Hague. In November 2017, LIBER launched its new Strategy for 2018-2022: Research Libraries, Powering Sustainable Knowledge in the Digital Age.
To contribute to the implementation of the new strategy, we are looking for a Head of International Projects who is responsible for managing the project portfolio, maintaining the relevant network and acquiring new projects.
LIBER is involved in a range of EU-funded Horizon 2020 projects addressing the barriers on the path towards Open Science. Potential applicants will be familiar with these projects, have a relevant network and must be experienced in the issues addressed in these projects, including Open Science, Research Infrastructures, Research Data Management, and Scholarly Communications. The post holder is responsible for maintaining the network and promoting LIBER’s role in the projects, acquiring new projects, and managing the work of the current projects. A proven track record in managing Open Science related projects is highly desirable.
The successful candidate feels at ease in an international environment, has a good eye for new possibilities and can bring coherence to complex project environments. You will play a central role in a dynamic international organisation and are keen to develop, grow and take on additional challenges and responsibilities. Your tasks and duties will evolve, along with the organisation.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately.
As Head Of International Projects you will be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for EU and other projects and for new funding opportunities.
- Identifying points of interest among the LIBER network relevant to new funding opportunities.
- Proposing new EU- and other funded projects to the Executive Board.
- Taking responsibility for LIBER contributions to the successful compilation of project bids.
- Coordination of the outputs of the projects in which LIBER is involved.
- The allocation and coordination of internal resources (human and financial) to undertake the duties listed in the projects.
- Overseeing the quality of the outputs of the duties listed in the projects.
- Integration of the projects in which LIBER participates in to the structure of LIBER’s current Strategy.
- Overseeing the accurate reporting of Project Officers in terms of timesheets and other costs.
- Reporting on the projects for the Executive Director, the Executive Board and reporting to the European Commission and their appointed auditors (in terms of project costs, progress reports, etc.).
- Are familiar with the EU landscape (policy and H2020 funding) and are interested in current issues in research libraries and their future needs.
- Have experience of developing and communicating policy.
- Have demonstrable project management skills and EU project experience.
- Have demonstrable interpersonal skills.
- Have demonstrable excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Have the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and to meet targets..
- Have well-developed IT skills (including proven skills in MS Office, web management and social media).
- Are dynamic, flexible and have a demonstrable record in innovation.
- Are able to lead with confidence and a diplomatic approach.
- Have demonstrable team working skills.
- Have the ability to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise a heavy workload and meet targets.
- Have the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team.
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work.
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- Salary – Scale 11. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum €3596 to maximum gross €4945 per month, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment.
- Reports to – the Executive Director.
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague.
- Hours of Work – 100%, 38 hours per week.
- Period of Appointment – A 1-year contract will be offered initially. The intention is to make the appointment permanent, depending on performance.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours working, including weekends, is expected. This is in association with conferences, meetings and other events.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen (email@example.com). To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Head of International Projects’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 12 July 2018.
Related news articles