Job Opening – Events and Engagement Officer [CLOSED]
Are you outgoing and keen to learn about the different aspects of event management and membership administration in an international environment? Do you have experience in organising interactive in person and online events? Do you work accurately and enjoy delivering high-quality support as part of an enthusiastic team? If so, we invite you to apply for the role of Events and Engagement Officer.
LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries) is looking for an Events & Engagement Officer who will assist in organising LIBER’s Annual Conference, the Winter Event and other online and in-person events for our network of research libraries. The successful candidate will also help to facilitate workshops and meetings for both LIBER members and our portfolio of funded European projects. You will help maintain LIBER’s close engagement with our member libraries by ensuring our membership administration is always up to date.
In this role you work closely with our Events and Partnership Coordinator and our Administrative Coordinator.
This is a full-time position, starting early 2024.
In this role you will assist in all aspects related to the operational tasks of the LIBER Office and to the organisation of our high-quality, dynamic events.
As Events and Engagement Officer, you will play a vital role in supporting our programmes which offer educational, enlightening, and interactive experiences to LIBER’s network of research libraries.
Your responsibilities will be based primarily on two areas; event support and membership administration.
In-person and Online Events
- Supporting the Events Coordinator in the key stages of event organisation (e.g., call for proposals, opening of registration, venue logistics).
- Maintaining records to monitor the progress of the event organisation process (e.g. participant records, meeting minutes).
- Supporting during in-person and online events to ensure the smooth execution of all logistical and technical considerations.
- Supporting the Administrative Coordinator in maintainingLIBER’s institutional member database, email distribution lists and invoicing process.
- Dealing with inbound communications and customer enquiries.
You have a higher education degree, or equivalent qualification, and 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience. We also find it important that you:
- Are comfortable dealing with tight deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Work independently and take initiative and work in an organised and efficient manner.
- Have a high level of proficiency across Office software applications (Microsoft Office). Experience with website management software (like WordPress) and with accounting software packages (like Exact Online) is a plus.
- Excellent command of English (CEFR-C1) both in writing and speaking.
Competencies that apply to this role are detail-oriented, resourceful, dependable, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer you
A varied job in an enthusiastic and driven team, with excellent employment conditions based on the Collective Labor Agreement WVOI. The salary depends on your knowledge and experience and is between € 3,087 and € 4,138 gross per month (Scale 8, CAO WVOI) for a full-time appointment. In addition, we offer a vacation allowance of 8%, a December allowance of 8.33% and 338 hours of Annual Leave. LIBER offers an excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment. This is a temporary contract for 1 year. You report to the Executive Director.
Special working conditions
LIBER is located in the Koninklijke Bibliotheek, in The Hague. As a result of our events and meetings, occasional out-of-hours working (including weekends) and regular travelling is expected. We offer a flexible working environment in a small team.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Martine Pronk (firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 248 631 33). To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to email@example.com using ‘Events and Engagement Officer’ in the subject line.
January 15th 2024.