LIBER Alert | Research Library and Open Science News | 16 December 2020
This is the 40th LIBER Alert.
Dear all, 2020 has been a year like no others for every one of us. Challenging in many ways, not only on a professional and personal level but on a global one. We at LIBER, have strived to keep on providing support and inspiration to all the members of our community and beyond. We hope we have succeeded to do so, and are committed to doing even better next year.
But for now, as this year is about to come to an end, we would like to take this opportunity to wish you happy holidays, wherever you are, whoever you are with and whatever you’ve been through. May the coming weeks bring you comfort and some well-deserved rest. And most importantly, stay safe and well.
Looking forward to getting involved with you in 2021!
Projects Database Survey
As we are actively seeking engagement in more funded projects, we want to create more project opportunities for our members. Please fill out this brief questionnaire by the 18th of December 2020. The survey results will be used to create a database that will define and optimize project priorities in the future.
We’re excited to announce our upcoming Annual Conference taking place online from the 23rd to the 25th of June 2021. The theme of the conference is Libraries and Open Knowledge: from vision to implementation.
Our Call for Papers is now open and we encourage you to submit your document before the 18th of January 2021.
Read more about the call and how you can submit your paper here.
A brand new newsletter
From February 2021 onwards, you will receive a brand new newsletter that will also include some content addressed exclusively to LIBER members (ex-LIBER-All newsletter)*. For that reason, there won’t be any newsletter in January. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
*This will not affect your registration.
Impact of Covid-19 on Research Libraries Across Europe
A report on the impact of Covid-19 on research libraries has just been published by LIBER. The outcomes, impacts and plans for the future were recently discussed during a panel discussion with several European experts. You can watch it again here.
LIBER has recently changed email providers. Please make sure you have updated our new emails in your contacts. Our new general email is firstname.lastname@example.org. All our team members’ email addresses also now have this new libereurope.org extension. This is the last time to make this update. From January on, the emails sent to the old address won’t be redirected anymore.
- INOS has now its own YouTube channel, on which you can (re)discover recent project activities such as webinars or hackatons.
- Keep up-to-date with the project by following its social media channels on Twitter and Facebook and remember to subscribe to the INOS newsletter here.
- The European Commission Open Access publishing platform ORE is now accepting submissions! It is free for Horizon 2020 grantees.
- Find out more here.
- ReCreating Europe has launched a survey analysis on the impact of copyright law and open policies in relation to digitisation in the GLAM sector. If you work in a library, please fill the survey here. It will be online until early December.
- ReCreating Europe has now a newsletter! Don’t miss the next one: subscribe here and you will receive a compilation of the project activities directly in your mailbox.
- Keep up-to-date with the project by following its social media channels on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Network & Open Science News
Open Science conference
- The next Open Science conference will be held online on the 17-19 February 2021. The annual conference is dedicated to the Open Science movement and provides a unique forum for researchers, librarians, practitioners, infrastructure providers, policy makers, and other important stakeholders to discuss the latest and future developments in Open Science.
- The EPFL invites applications for the position of ‘Director of Scientific Information and Library Services‘ reporting to the Vice President for Research. You can apply here.
- User Experience and Engagement Coordinator, RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences. Click here for full details and to apply.
LIBER Alerts are delivered each month to you and 800 other readers because you’ve signed up for news, resources and Open Science updates from LIBER and the wider research community.
Want to share your news in the next LIBER Alert? Email email@example.com with a one-sentence description and a link related to the news, event, or job vacancy you’d like to share. LIBER Alerts are brought to you by Europe’s Largest Network of Research Libraries.