Vacancy — Chair of the Editorial Board of LIBER Quarterly (LQ) – Journal of the Association of European Research Libraries
We are looking for the next Chair of the Editorial Board of LIBER Quarterly (LQ) – Journal of the Association of European Research Libraries.
Are you a passionate advocate of open science with strong professional networks and a desire to help shape the future of a leading international open-access journal? If so, this may be a perfect opportunity for you. This role is part-time and voluntary and could be combined with a current existing role or a rewarding and purposeful post-career role.
Our next Chair of the LQ Editorial board will have:
- A strong commitment to open science;
- A vision for the future of open access publishing;
- Affinity with LIBER’s vision and mission.
What does being Chair of the LQ Editorial Board involve?
LIBER Quarterly has a fully operational team at Editorial Board level. There is an experienced managing editor (ME) in post who, together with the other members of the editorial board, will provide key support to the chair in their activities. The role of the chair will include:
- Chairing the meetings of the Board, twice per year – online in winter and face to face in summer (at the LIBER Annual Conference);
- On the basis of the ME’s draft, jointly submitting the LQ annual report;
- At the request of the ME, occasionally acting as the third reviewer or adjudicating on how to resolve conflicting peer reviews;
- If requested by the ME, approving borderline or more complex decisions to reject articles or (rarely) agree errors/retractions;
- Occasionally peer-reviewing within own expertise.
- A platform for achieving real and lasting impact in scholarly/open science publishing;
- The chance to greatly enhance your international profile and reputation by becoming part of a creative, energised, and supportive community of open science advocates across and beyond Europe;
- Complimentary attendance at the annual LIBER conference which over recent years has taken place in Dublin, Lille and Helsinki.
Contact Trudy Turner via email (email@example.com) if you would like to talk about this role. If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter by 31st January 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.