Vacancy: Community Engagement & Communication Officer (Now Closed)
LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national, and special libraries to support world-class research.
Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is a partner in many European projects which address barriers on the path towards Open Science.
LIBER is seeking a Community Engagement & Communication Officer to organise European project-related events and activities and to work on other project-related tasks.
Are you outgoing, creative, and versatile? Interested in issues relating to research libraries such as Open Science, research infrastructures, and Open Access? Can you make technical topics accessible to the greater public? If yes, then we invite you to apply. This full-time position starts on the 1st of June 2021.
As Community Engagement & Communication Officer you will be responsible for activities related to European Projects. You’ll coordinate engagement and activities for research libraries and relevant stakeholders in the context of EU funded projects. You’ll:
- Actively engage the LIBER network in project activities;
- Leading project engagement and communication strategies;
- Identify and create networks of stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities for engagement and dissemination activities;
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement events;
- Contribute to written reports and deliverables;
- Participate in project meetings;
- Promote projects to relevant stakeholders and via appropriate channels;
- Create engaging content for EU projects and LIBER’s social media presence;
- Edit and format documents;
- Add content to relevant websites and ensure key pages are kept updated.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience as Data Librarian or Engagement Officer in a library-relevant domain and a degree in a relevant area (e.g., Librarianship, Information Management, Data Science, Communication);
- EU-funded project experience;
- Familiarity with topics such as Open Science including Open Access, research infrastructures, etc.
- Experience in developing and implementing community engagement strategies and activities, as well as dissemination activities;
- Affinity with LIBER’s vision and mission, and the needs of research libraries;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team, to communicate effectively and manage relationships across a large and diverse network;
- Adept at translating complex issues for different audiences;
- Comfortable managing several social media channels;
- Technically savvy, with an eye for engaging content;
- Demonstrable skills in project and event management, and presentation skills;
- Ability to prioritise and meet targets;
- Experience creating materials such as posters and videos, as well as knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign), WordPress, MailChimp, and video editing software programmes, will be considered a plus;
We Offer You
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team;
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work;
- A broad scope of responsibilities;
- Above-average holidays (roughly 42 days / 338 hours of holiday per year for a full-time position).
- Salary – Scale 9. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum €2939 to a maximum gross of €4052 per month depending on experience, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%;
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment;
- Reports to – the Executive Director;
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague. This position requires residence in the Netherlands or the willingness and ableness to move there before the commencement of work;
- Hours of Work – 100%, full-time contract of 40 hours per week;
- Period of Appointment – A 12-months contract will be offered initially with a possible extension, depending on performance and funding.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours work is expected (including on some weekends i.e. in association with conferences, meetings and other events). Due to Covid-19, we now work from home and temporarily organise all events online. We offer a flexible working environment in a small team.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility and interest in this position to email@example.com using the phrase ‘Community Engagement & Communication Officer’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is the 31st of May 2021. Please note that we will assess applications as they come in.
Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for this position.