Vacancy: Community Engagement & Training Officer (Now Closed)
LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national, and special libraries to support world-class research.
Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is a partner in many European projects which address barriers on the path toward Open Science.
LIBER is seeking a Community Engagement & Training Officer to organise European project-related events and activities and to work on other related tasks.
Are you outgoing, creative, and organised? Interested in issues relating to research libraries such as Open Science, research infrastructures, and Open Access? Can you make technical topics accessible to the greater public? If yes, then we invite you to apply.
This full-time position preferably starts on the 1st of June 2022.
As Community Engagement & Training Officer you will be responsible for activities related to European Projects. You’ll coordinate engagement activities for research libraries and relevant stakeholders in the context of EU funded projects. You will take the lead in developing and running high-quality interactive training opportunities such as workshops and webinars for our portfolio of funded projects. Your expertise will also be critical to the success of network events organised by LIBER. You will:
- Actively engage the LIBER network in project activities & Identify opportunities for engagement and dissemination activities;
- Coordinate the development of high-quality training events, skills frameworks, learning materials, training methods, and tools for library staff and researchers, in collaboration with network partners;
- Participate directly in the delivery of the training;
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement events;
- Contribute to written reports and deliverables & participate in project meetings;
- Create engaging content for EU projects and LIBER’s social media presence;
- Write and edit documents.
Assessment & Reporting
- Measure and report on training effectiveness through surveys, evaluation forms, KPIs, narrative reports, project deliverables, and other methods;
- Report on all activities to the Executive Director.
- A degree in a relevant area (e.g. Education, Library and Information Science, etc.) and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in developing and implementing community engagement strategies and activities, as well as dissemination activities;
- A strong understanding of LIBER’s network, its needs and key topics such as Open Science;
- Ability to work independently, be creative and flexible, prioritise a heavy workload, meet targets, and hold oneself and others to account;
- Adept at translating complex issues for different audiences;
- Knowledge of training platforms and experience with organising (online) events;
- Comfortable using social media and updating website content;
- Working within European funded projects and within an international environment;
- Demonstrable skills in project and event management, and working with a team;
- Excellent spoken and written English.
We Offer You
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team;
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work;
- A broad scope of responsibilities;
- Above-average holidays (roughly 42 days / 338 hours of holiday per year for a full-time position).
- Salary – Scale 9. This implies a full-time equivalent of a minimum of €2980 to a maximum gross of €4109 per month depending on experience, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%;
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment;
- Reports to – the Executive Director;
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague. This position requires residence in the Netherlands or the willingness and ableness to move there before the commencement of work;
- Hours of Work – 100%, full-time contract of 40 hours per week;
- Period of Appointment – A 12-months contract will be offered initially with a possible extension, depending on performance and funding.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours work is expected (including on some weekends i.e. in association with conferences, meetings and other events). We offer a flexible working environment in a small team.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility and interest in this position to email@example.com using the phrase ‘Community Engagement & Training Officer’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 20th of May 2022.
Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for this position.