LIBER’s 2019-2020 Annual Report is online! We are delighted to share our activities, progress and achievements for the period June 2019 to May 2020.
In the past year, we’ve strengthened network ties, in many ways. For example, by:
- securing a role for research libraries in EOSC;
- intensifying our cooperation with the International Alliance of Research Library Associations (IARLA);
- representing our research libraries and funded projects at several events, including the World Library Information conference (Athens, August 2019), the Open Science Fair (Porto, September 2019) and the Open Science Conference (Berlin, March 2020);
- welcoming 10 new institutions as LIBER participants.
On an organisational level, we’ve worked to better inform you about our activities through increased communications (please join our LIBER Alerts mailing list!). Furthermore, the proposal on the sustainability of LIBER as a foundation, Ensuring LIBER’s Viability & Building On Success, was passed at our 2019 Annual Conference in Dublin, Ireland, securing the future of LIBER.
Thanks For Your Support
We are very grateful to our research libraries and sponsors for their ongoing support and contribution, especially in these challenging times.
As we enter the post-Covid-19 era, LIBER will pay special attention to the changing situation: the challenges as well as the opportunities. Alongside the implementation of the 2018-2022 Strategy, the Executive Board will start developing the 2023-2027 Strategy, emphasizing the importance of the accessibility of fair information to all who need it for the good of humanity.
- 500 attendees at our 48th Annual Conference, hosted by Trinity College Dublin in Ireland (see all conference presentations and recordings);
- 24 LIBER libraries invited to join a project proposal as partners or advisors, and collaboration with 60 partners as part of our role representing libraries in the SSHOC, INOS and reCreating Europe projects;
- The adoption of the proposal on the sustainability of LIBER as a foundation, Ensuring LIBER’s Viability & Building On Success;
- The launching of our 49th Annual Conference in a virtual format, due to Covid-19: LIBER 2020 ONLINE;
- 17 LIBER webinars, attended by over 2,500 people;
- 446 LIBER Participants, including 10 new LIBER institutions, from nine different countries;
- Rising interest in LIBER Quarterly articles (views up 70% compared with the previous year);
- 7.116 People and Organisations following @LIBEREurope on Twitter.