Cultural AI Lab Webinar
Research, knowledge, and heritage institutions are joining their efforts in unique cooperation around a central question: How can we use ‘Artificial Intelligence’ in cultural research and raise the consciousness of the cultural context within technology?
The Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), KNAW Humanities Cluster, KB National Library of the Netherlands, Dutch Institute of Sound and Vision, Rijksmuseum, TNO, University of Amsterdam, and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam are all working together to form an alliance on the new ICAI lab on Cultural AI. These parties will work together to develop AI tools applicable to the cultural heritage sector.
In this webinar, you will learn about the various projects from the Cultural AI Lab and why it is now time to make sure AI technology within cultural contexts is addressed.
- Welcome by host Eveline van Rijswijk
- Introduction on Cultural AI Lab, Speakers: Marieke van Erp (KNAW HuC) & Laura Hollink (CWI)
- The contribution of Cultural Heritage by Saskia Scheltjens (Rijksmuseum)
- Mini pitches of the projects:
- Culturally Aware AI – Ryan Brate (KNAW HuC) & Andrei Nesterov (CWI)
- SABIO – Valentin Vogelmann (KNAW HuC)
- BETTER-Mods – Cedric Waterschoot (KNAW Meertens)
- RE-FRAME – t.b.d. (Universiteit Utrecht)
- Closing Remarks
Participation is free. Read more and sign up here: https://denhaag.beeldengeluid.nl/en/agenda/webinar-cultural-ai-lab/#