Digital Humanities & Digital Cultural Heritage Working Group Meeting
LIBER’s Digital Humanities & Digital Cultural Heritage Working Group will hold a meeting for group members on Tuesday 10 April 2018 in the KB, National Library of the Netherlands. The theme will be “Collecting Use Cases”.
The LIBER DH & DCH working group was launched at the 2017 LIBER conference in Patras, Greece. During this launch, four themes were identified as being important for libraries to share thoughts, ideas and practices on around which the teams have been set up. One of the outcomes of this workshop was the realisation that use cases around European research libraries and digital humanities and collection are currently missing.
The past eight months have thus been spent gathering knowledge and experiences from LIBER libraries around DH and the time has come to take the online network that we have created to the next level with a face-to-face meeting to expand on the work we have done. The LIBER DH & DCH core group would therefore like to invite its members to join us at the first working group members’ meeting with the theme “Collecting Use Cases”.
- 10.00 – 10.15 Welcome – Andreas Degkwitz and Lotte Wilms
- 10.15 – 10.45 Lightning presentations of work done – Team leads
- 10.45 – 11.15 Coffee & tea
- 11.15 – 12.30 Introductions – everyone
- 12.30 – 13.30 Lunch
- 13.30 – 15.00 Break-out groups with teams
- Discuss use cases put forward so far
- Identify new cases not yet described
- Decide which cases will be worked out into more detail
- 15.00 – 15.30 Coffee & tea
- 15.30 – 16.00 Reporting back – Team leads (or volunteers from teams)
- 16.00 – 16.30 Final remarks, next steps & closing – Andreas & Lotte
The KB, National Library of the Netherlands is conveniently located next to the train station Den Haag Centraal. Please see the website of the KB for directions. Den Haag is easy to reach from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol with trains running approximatly every 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can fly to Rotterdam The Hague Airport which has a bus and metro connection to Den Haag or take an international train. Many hotels are located in the city centre of Den Haag and within walking distance of the KB.
Please use this form to register.
This workshop is organised in combination with the Feedback Workshop on the Cultural Heritage Re-use Charter that will take place on 9 April. For more information or when you have questions, please contact Andreas Degkwitz or Lotte Wilms.