OAI9 Workshop on Current Developments in Scholarly Communications
The CERN Workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication (OAI9) will be held at the University of Geneva from 17-19th June, 2015.
OAI Workshops are THE Open Access event in the whole of Europe in the year in which they are held. They provide a space for all those interested in developments in scholarly communication to come together to learn from each other, to exchange ideas, and to hear papers from leading experts in the field.
This year, there are six plenary sessions.
- Technical developments
- Barriers and impact
- CHORUS and SHARE
- Quality assurance
- The institution as publisher
- Digital curation and preservation of large and complex scientific objects
The tutorials, which start the Workshop, are devoted to:
- The institution as publisher: getting started
- Author identification systems
- Open Monograph Press
- Hiberlink project
- Managing a digitization project
- Open Access Café 2015
Five breakout groups have been arranged for group discussions:
- OA policy
- Legal framework for innovative science – text and data mining
- Research data management
- Open annotations
- Managing APC payments
There will also be 20+ posters in the timetabled poster session.