This strategically important post will have 5 core responsibilities:
- direct, develop and implement innovative policies and service strategies appropriate to meet the needs of the School’s diverse user groups, in line with its world-class teaching and research activities.
- have overall responsibility for the co-ordination of library and information services to School of Biological Sciences across three university sites.
- have expert knowledge of the science and technology library and information field and represent the needs of the School of Biological Sciences to Cambridge University Libraries and other parts of the university.
- promote library services including developing training courses in information and research skills, maintaining active dialogue with all users in order to develop the profile and on-going relevance of the library service.
- be responsible for the library staff (5 FTE) and the annual budget.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creative and practical approach to problem-solving
- Knowledge of library automated systems
- Interpersonal skills including effective communication skills and ability to elicit people’s needs
- Leadership skills
- Negotiating skills
Reporting To: Head of STEM Libraries
University Hosting the Position: Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge, UK