This model job description is part of LIBER’s Job Description Marketplace. It is not an open position but rather a sample template to help hiring managers.
Research Information Manager (Open Access)Posted: 06-03-2018
This strategically important post will have 6 core responsibilities:
- Manage publications in the College’s Open Access research repositories and actively promote the repositories to the College community, alongside the College’s Open Access Publications Policy (OAPP).
- Act as an expert source to deliver data, information and advice on the changing nature of scholarly communications, with particular reference to Open Access funder policies and requirements relating to research outputs.
- Liaise with staff in Library, Research and Enterprise, and IT to achieve a united strategy for Research Support. Play a key role in developing and implementing the agreed strategy, in particular by liaising with individual academics across all Departments.
- Work with the Academic Liaison team to provide support to research-active staff and PGRs, equipping members of the liaison team so that they can provide advice for researchers.
- Working with the Research Information and Analysis Manager in Research and Enterprise, provide Library support for the College’s Research Information System (RIS).
- Library lead for copyright enquiries, advice and policy guidance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Service delivery
- Advocacy and networking
Reporting To: Associate Director (eStrategy and Technical Services)
University Hosting the Position: Royal Holloway – university of London, UK