This strategically important post will have 4 core responsibilities:
- Contributing to and facilitating delivery of the University Library’s Research Strategy.
- Dissemination, Communications and Advocacy.
- Grant Preparation and Administration.
- Other Administration: Act as Secretary to Libraries’ Research Committee: agenda, minutes, following up actions
Assist in producing job descriptions and contracts for research posts
Work with Deputy Director to scope new programme of short-term visiting fellowships focused on research collections and manage as appropriate.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Interest in and commitment to working
- A broad-based understanding of university and library research priorities
- In-depth knowledge of funding policies and developments
- working knowledge of negotiating and drafting grant and research contracts
- Experience of handling and recording sensitive information
- The ability to plan, organise and manage own workload
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
Reporting To: Deputy Director (Research Collections)
University Hosting the Position: Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge, UK