2020 Call for Nominations to LIBER’s Executive Board
Are you a passionate research librarian or library director who is committed to advancing the work of research libraries across Europe? Are you interested in LIBER’s work and have ideas for shaping the organization’s future strategic priorities?
LIBER is seeking two new candidates to serve on its Executive Board! This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and active group of library professionals, to network, exchange best-practices and share your expertise with library leaders within Europe and globally.
This year, we have two open positions on the Executive Board for candidates from LIBER
We especially encourage applications from Southern and Eastern Europe, to ensure a broad geographical representation of research libraries on the Board.
What Is Expected?
As an Executive Board Member, we ask you to:
- Actively Participate. The Board meets three times a year and discusses issues regularly by email. Please attend our meetings and share your expertise. Be ready to debate, compromise and work as a team for the best result.
- Steer LIBER’s Strategy. Use experiences from your library to set priorities which help all LIBER libraries with their needs.
- Enthusiastically Promote LIBER’s Work and Mission. Share our campaigns and activities with your network.
- Share Opportunities for Collaboration. Suggest projects and strategic partnerships.
- Provide Financial Oversight. Help review the budget and financial reports.
- Participate in the Annual Conference. Chair a session or give a presentation.
- Declare Conflicts of Interest. Tell the President if you think you have a conflict of interest.
More information on joining the Board can be found here. See also:
The deadline for nominations was 11 June 2020. The following nominations were received.
- Ms Catriona Cannon, Deputy Librarian, Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford. Proposed by Dr Wolfram Horstmann, Director of Göttingen State and University Library. Nomination form.
- Ms Cécile Swiatek, ADBU Secretary General. Proposed by Ms Jeannette Frey, Director of the Bibliothèque Cantonale et Universitaire (BCU) Lausanne and LIBER President. Nomination form.
- Dr Adam Sofronijevic, Deputy Director, University library “Svetozar Markovic”. Proposed by Dr Paul Ayris, Pro-Vice Provost, UCL Library Services. Nomination form.
In addition to the new openings outlined above, four Executive Board members will have completed terms of office by July 2020. They are eligible for re-appointment for a further term of two years and are willing to stand for re-appointment:
- Ms Jeannette Frey, Bibliothèque Cantonale et Universitaire (BCU) Lausanne, Switzerland
- Mr Julien Roche, University of Lille, France
- Dr Giannis Tsakonas, University of Patras, Greece
- Prof Dr Lars Burman, Uppsala University Library, Sweden
Related news articles