Call for Rapporteurs
LIBER and Scientific Knowledge Services (SKS) are co-organising a series of five online workshops that will bring together EOSC Stakeholder groups that represent end-users and intermediaries/trainers, research/academic libraries and researchers. The topics that will be covered during the workshops include Architecture, FAIR data, Landscape, Rules of Participation, Sustainability and Skills and Training.
We welcome applications from those who would be interested in acting as rapporteurs for these workshops. Rapporteurs will have the task of 1. capturing the feedback of each workshop in text and images in the form of an intermediary report and/or 2. translating the outcome of each workshop and turning this into a final report. This call is open for rapporteurs of intermediary reports and/or for rapporteurs for the final report. The language of reports is English.
Applicants of all genders, ethnicity and from various backgrounds are welcome. The project supports wide inclusion at a professional and personal level. Early careers are as much welcome as those with a richer experience.
Please also note a related call for speakers here. Applications for a hybrid role (speakers-rapporteurs) are very welcome.
Applicants should possess:
- Previous experience as rapporteur or master degree in Journalism.
- Exceptions could be made for early careers with strong recommendations.
- Very good analytical skills
- Experience in proof-reading scientific reports
- Current or past affiliation with a specific international organization would be an advantage
- Affinity with the topics
Applications should include:
- A short bio
- A short statement highlighting the applicant’s experience and/or knowledge on the topics of the workshops
- A list of events where the applicant acted as a rapporteur
- Two references from event organisers where the applicant acted as a rapporteur
- For early careers, a letter of intent which describes the details of the planned work and two professional recommendations are needed if the references could not be presented
Call opened: September 8th 2020
Deadline for clarification Questions: September 22nd
Call closes: October 2nd
Period of contract:
The rapporteur of the workshop reports will be available during the entire period of the workshop (cca 4 hours / a single day) and she/he will take part in relevant meetings pre- and post-workshop that will not exceed 4-5 hours in total. The intermediary report will be delivered within 5 working days after the workshop. The contribution to the final report will be at the end of February 2021 and we estimate it will require 8 hours of work, spread over 2-3 days.
The rapporteur for the final report will be available to all 5-6 workshops and will lead the final report which is estimated to be approx.12-15 pages.
- Workshop report and contribution to final report: A workshop rapporteur receives a one-off compensation of 900 Euro, including VAT, for writing the report. For this purpose, a reimbursement form will be provided by the LIBER Office. The fee will be paid after the delivery of the report. The rapporteur will be responsible for all local taxes.
- Leading the final report: The rapporteur of the final report receives a one-off compensation of 4500 Euro, including VAT, for delivering the final report. For this purpose, a reimbursement form will be provided by the LIBER Office. 50% of the overall amount can be reimbursed prior to the workshop and the remaining 50% can be received after the delivery of the final report. The rapporteur will be responsible for all local taxes.
Please submit your application to email@example.com using “Workshop Rapporteur” in the subject line.