LIBER Alert | Research Library and Open Science News | 19 May 2020
This is the 34th LIBER Alert.
LIBER Alerts are delivered once every two weeks to you and 521 other readers because you’ve signed up for news, resources and links from LIBER, its network and the world of Open Science. Receive LIBER Alerts directly by email.
The LIBER 2020 ONLINE programme is live. Select your favourite sessions and keep your diary free. Registration will open on Monday 25 May.
Subscribers to this newsletter who want to receive dedicated LIBER 2020 ONLINE updates can click on the ‘update your subscription preferences’ link at the bottom of this email.
- Copyright: Want to better support researchers undertaking TDM? Check this report from our Copyright & Legal Matters Working Group.
- Linked Open Data: Has your library published data in a linked and open format? Our Linked Open Data Working Group is looking for case studies to feature in an upcoming best-practices document, and at a LIBER 2020 ONLINE workshop.
- SSO Recommendations: Improve remote access to online library resources by giving feedback on these 10 Implementation Principles for SSO (drafted by the FIM4L Working Group).
- Open Science Skills: An Open Science Skills visualization from our Digital Skills Working Group identifies the skills and knowledge needed to practice Open Science effectively.
- Roadmap: Pedagogical support for HEIs and other organisers of Open Science, Citizen Science and Open Innovation activities is given in this INOS Roadmap.
- SSH Toolkit for Trainers. Just launched by the SSHOC project.
- Workshop Report: Read about data management and the FAIRness of migration data in this SSHOC workshop report.
- Citizen Science At Universities: Trends, Guidelines and Recommendations — 10 June, 1500 CEST — Four speakers will talk about current Citizen Science trends at universities. They will outline a template for a Citizen Science Single Contact Point which your institution could start developing and give a glimpse of the upcoming Research Librarian’s Guide to Citizen Science. Register
Watch recent webinars from LIBER, and from the SSHOC and reCreating Europe projects.
Network & Open Science News
- OA & OS Infrastructure Survey: This survey will help Invest in Open Infrastructure, SCOSS, and current and future funders understand what digital European OA & OS Infrastructures (OSIs) exist, who they serve and how, and how open and sustainable this infrastructure is. Take the survey
- Data Quality Position Paper: The German Council for Scientific Information Infrastructures examines current challenges for data quality and makes recommendations for libraries, archives and other organisations with a high interest in Data Quality standards. Read more
- LIBER Executive Board: Interested in LIBER’s work? Have ideas for shaping our future strategic priorities? We’re looking for two people to serve on our Executive Board.
- LIBER Quarterly: We are seeking a new Managing Editor for LIBER Quarterly, our peer-reviewed Open Access journal. Are you passionate about sharing knowledge with the research library community? Would you like to gain experience as a journal editor while expanding your network? Please consider applying for this voluntary role.
- 12th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries (QQML2020), Barcelona 26-30 May (virtual conference)
- ICTeSSH 2020, Amsterdam 29 June – 1 July
- ECSA 2020, Trieste postponed to 6-8 September
- Digital Humanities in the Nordic countries (DHN 2020), Riga postponed to 20-23 October
- CONUL Conference 2020, Limerick postponed to 25-26 November
Want to share your news in the next LIBER Alert? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a one sentence description and a link related to the news, event or job vacancy you’d like to share. LIBER Alerts are brought to you by Europe’s Largest Network of Research Libraries.