LIBER Alert | Research Library and Open Science News | April 1, 2020
This is the 32nd LIBER Alert.
LIBER Alerts are delivered once every two weeks to you and 431 other readers because you’ve signed up for news, resources and links from LIBER, its network and the world of Open Science. Receive LIBER Alerts directly by email.
Due to concerns regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19), our 2020 Annual Conference is cancelled. We are working to take the content online, and will hold our next in-person meeting in Belgrade, Serbia in 2021. Our Architecture Seminar (due to take place 1-3 April) will now be held in 2021 and the Journées programme has been postponed until mid-May 2021. Learn more
- Coronavirus: A message for our libraries from LIBER’s President. Read
- Covid-19 Research Library Measures: During the current crisis, we ask our libraries to help us crowdsource informationabout the measures they are taking and best-practices to share with others. Want to share tips on dealing with this crisis? Fill out this spreadsheet
- Research Libraries and Covid-19: Research libraries respond to the Coronavirus – A view from the University Library in Patras, Greece. Read
- LIBER Executive Board: Are you interested in LIBER’s work and have ideas for shaping the organization’s future strategic priorities? LIBER is seeking two new candidates to serve on its Executive Board. Read more
- New Open Access Project: LIBER wins role in Open Access Publishing Platform. Read more
- Open Science Skills: In 2019, our Digital Skills for Library Staff and Researchers Working Group embarked on a project to define the skills needed for Open Science and developed this OS Skills visualisation, which identifies the skills and knowledge needed to practice OS effectively. Read more
- SSO Recommendations: LIBER’s FIM4L Working Group Invites Comments on Recommendations for Single Sign On (SSO) Connections with Publishers. Read more
- SSH Open Cloud
- First virtual meeting of the SSHOC Training Community. Read more
- Call for Participation: SSHOC Workshop at ICTeSSH – Test the alpha release of the SSH Open Marketplace and win your registration and travel expenses. Read more
- Enhancements to SSHOC website: Putting users first. Read more
- SSHOC Survey: SSHOC invites SSH researchers to contribute to the discovery and mapping of research practices in the use of vocabularies. Read more
- Sign up for the SSHOC newsletter and join the SSHOC Training Community.
- A Roadmap to enhance the impact of Open Science, Citizen Science and Open Innovation activities by offering pedagogical support to HEIs and other organisers of relevant activities. Read more
- Stay up to date with the latest Open Science and Citizen Science news and results of the INOS project. Subscribe
- ReCreating Europe
- You can now follow our new digital copyright project on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn! Stay tuned for the website launch!
- Setting Up A GLAM Workbench In Your Library — 7 April 1000 CEST— Learn how to use Jupyter notebooks to develop your own digital collection workbench: sharing tools, tricks, and tutorials that scaffold exploration and reuse. Register
- SSHOC Webinar – Quanlify with ease: Combining quantitative and qualitative corpus analysis — 16 April 1100 CEST — Learn about the conceptual reasoning to combine quantitative and qualitative research practice when working with large-scale corpora. Register
- The Anatomy of a Transformative Agreement — 22 April 1100 CEST — Learn about the latest benchmarks achieved with TAs and two case studies of TA negotiated by LIBER members. Register
Network & Open Science News
- Citizen Science and Covid-19: Looking for trustworthy Citizen Science resources related to the Coronavirus pandemic? CSA together with ACSA, CitizenScience.Asia, ECSA and RICAP have prepared a selection of such resources. Read more and get involved
- Frontiers Forum 2020, Montreux 15-17 May
- German Librarian’s Day, Hannover 26-29 May
- 12th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries (QQML2020), Barcelona 26-30 May (virtual conference)
- Creating Knowledge, Tromsø 4-5 June
- International Library Staff Week 2020 – Libraries of Tomorrow, Odense, 15-19 June
- 28th EBLIDA Annual Council Meeting and Conference, Belgrade 22-23 June
- ICTeSSH 2020, Amsterdam 29 June – 1 July
- IATUL, Porto 12-16 July
- IFLA WLIC 2020, Dublin 15-21 August
- ECSA 2020, Trieste postponed to 6-8 September
- Digital Humanities in the Nordic countries (DHN 2020), Riga postponed to 20-23 October
- CONUL Conference 2020, Limerick postponed to 25-26 November
- Full Professor (W3) for Scientific Information Analytics, University of Göttingen, Germany (Closing date: 9 April)
Want to share your news in the next LIBER Alert? Email email@example.com with a one sentence description and a link related to the news, event or job vacancy you’d like to share. LIBER Alerts are brought to you by Europe’s Largest Network of Research Libraries.