LIBER Alert | Research Library and Open Science News | March 12, 2020
This is the 31st LIBER Alert.
LIBER Alerts are delivered once every two weeks to you and 424 other readers because you’ve signed up for news, resources and links from LIBER, its network and the world of Open Science. Receive LIBER Alerts directly by email.
Coronavirus Update: Due to concerns regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19), we have postponed the opening of registration for LIBER 2020 (24-26 June). We will provide another update on 16 March. Our Architecture Seminar (due to take place 1-3 April) will now be held in 2021. Learn more
- Open Science Skills: In 2019, our Digital Skills for Library Staff and Researchers Working Group embarked on a project to define the skills needed for OS and developed this OS Skills visualisation, which identifies the skills and knowledge needed to practice OS effectively. Read more
- Copyright Directive: First results from the survey conducted by LIBER’s Copyright Working Group on content blocking reveal the barriers faced by researchers trying to perform TDM. Read more
- Open Access: LIBER reflects on what has been achieved so far and looks ahead to continuing to further Open Access in the coming years. Read more
- SSO Recommendations: LIBER’s FIM4L Working Group Invites Comments on Recommendations for Single Sign On (SSO) Connections with Publishers. Read more
- New Colleague: LIBER welcomes Nienke van Schaverbeke as Partnerships & Event Manager. Read more
- SSH Open Cloud
- ESFRI Cluster Position Papers on EOSC Implementation. Read more
- SSHOC Survey: SSHOC invites SSH researchers to contribute to the discovery and mapping of research practices in the use of vocabularies. Read more
- Sign up for the SSHOC newsletter and join the SSHOC Training Community.
- Report and recommendations on how Higher Education Institutions can leverage Open and Citizen Science. Read more
- Study: How pedagogy improves Open Science and Open Innovation Activities. Read more
- INOS presented at Berlin’s Open Science Conference on 11 March 2020. Read more and download poster
- Stay up to date with the latest Open Science and Citizen Science news and results of the INOS project. Subscribe
- ReCreating Europe
- You can now follow our new digital copyright project on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn! Stay tuned for the website launch!
- Setting Up A GLAM Workbench In Your Library — 7 April — Learn how to use Jupyter notebooks to develop your own digital collection workbench: sharing tools, tricks, and tutorials that scaffold exploration and reuse. Register
- Webinar Recordings: View recordings of recent webinars and stay updated on all LIBER webinars via our website!
Network & Open Science News
- Creating Knowledge Conference: Registration for the 10th Creating Knowledge Conference in Tromsø on 4-5 June (organized by UiT The Arctic University of Norway) is now open. The early bird deadline is March 15th. Register
- LREC 2020, Marseille 11-16 May
- Frontiers Forum 2020, Montreux 15-17 May
- IASSIST 2020, Gothenburg 19-22 May
- Libraries In The Digital age (LIDA) 2020, Dubrovnik 19-22 May
- German Librarian’s Day, Hannover 26-29 May
- 12th Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries (QQML2020), Barcelona 26-30 May
- CONUL Conference 2020, Limerick 27-28 May
- IIIF Conference 2020, Boston 1-4 June
- Creating Knowledge, Tromsø 4-5 June
- International Library Staff Week 2020 – Libraries of Tomorrow, Odense, 15-19 June
- 28th EBLIDA Annual Council Meeting and Conference, Belgrade 22-23 June
- LIBER 2020 Annual Conference, Belgrade 24-26 June
- ICTeSSH 2020, Amsterdam 29 June – 1 July
- IATUL, Porto 12-16 July
- IFLA WLIC 2020, Dublin 15-21 August
- ECSA 2020, Trieste postponed to 6-8 September
- Digital Humanities in the Nordic countries (DHN 2020), Riga postponed to 20-23 October
- Product Manager RDM, KU Leuven, Belgium – Dutch-speaking (Closing date: 15 March)
- (Senior) Research Librarian, UiT The Arctic University of Norway – Norwegian, Swedish or Danish language skills required
Want to share your news in the next LIBER Alert? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a one sentence description and a link related to the news, event or job vacancy you’d like to share. LIBER Alerts are brought to you by Europe’s Largest Network of Research Libraries.