The Reshaping The Research Library Committee was part of LIBER’s 2013-2017 Strategy.
It was in charge of Strategic Priority #2: Lead In Changing Scholarship, and encompassed Working Groups on Digital Collections, Leadership & Workforce Development and Research & Education.
Why This Priority
Research libraries are operating in an era of unprecedented change and opportunity. In order to respond, library leaders need to understand the environmental changes which will impact on the shape of libraries to come. They also need to embrace new ways of leading, in order to effectively deal with new opportunities and challenges. When it comes to Open Science & Scholarship, libraries are well placed to take the lead in their institution by working with both the institutional leadership and the research community.
An implementation plan was published and, through the Working Groups on Digital Collections, Leadership & Workforce Development and Research & Education, the following was achieved.
- Several iterations of our successful Emerging Leaders and Journées leadership programmes were held;
- Workshops on Digital Collections were held in 2015 and in 2016.
2013-2017 Steering Committee Members
- Dr Martin Hallik , University of Tartu, Estonia (chair)
- Dr Andreas Degkwitz, Humboldt University Library, Germany (Digital Collections WG Chair)
- Ms Susanne Dalsgaard Krag, Library Manager, Aarhus University Library, Denmark (Research and Education WG Chair)
- Mr John Tuck, Royal Holloway University of London, UK (Leadership and Workforce Development WG Chair)