LIBER Alert | Research Library and Open Science News | 15 October 2020
This is the 38th LIBER Alert.
LIBER Alerts are delivered each month to you and 760 other readers because you’ve signed up for news, resources and Open Science updates from LIBER and the wider research community.
EXECUTIVE BOARD & OFFICE
- New email address: Please update your email addresses directory! From now on, LIBER’s main email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. All prefixes will now have this extension.
If you would like to voice your opinion,
please complete this short questionnaire.
Later this year, the European Commission will launch the ‘Open Research Europe’ (ORE), an open-access Publishing Platform for Horizon 2020 beneficiaries. ORE is a significant step towards Open Science in Europe. LIBER, as an expert partner in the project, will ensure that the voice of research librarians is heard in the project. In this respect, this survey was launched early September, so please complete the questionnaire and let’s make a difference together!Thank you in advance for your participation.
Grab yourself a cup of your favorite morning beverage every Tuesday at 10 am and (re)discover LIBER’s webinars on Twitter.
- Online Discussion: Copyright and Open Licensing – What have we learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic? Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Register here.
- OCLC-LIBER Open Science Discussion Series: Register here for our round-up webinar on Thursday 5th November 2020, which will highlight the visions developed, challenges identified and collaboration opportunities in the discussions and outline next steps for engagement.
- Leadership webinar series: “Leadership in Times of Crisis” :
- How are Research Libraries leading in the times of COVID-19? Monday, November 23, 2020 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (CEST). Register here.
- New challenges and leading into the Post-COVID-19 Recovery for Research Libraries. Monday, November 30, 2020 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (CEST). Register here.
- Webinar: FIM Principles & Recommendations for Libraries. Wednesday, November 25, 2020 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM (CEST). Register here.
- Save the date! Stay tuned for the launch of the EOSC Co-creation Workshops, organised by LIBER and SKS which will take place in mid-January 2021.
- Introducing the newly launched EMM Survey Registry. This webinar will be held on the 26th of October at 2PM CET. Register here.
- Realising the European Open Science Cloud: towards a FAIR research data landscape for the social sciences, humanities and beyond. From the 16th until the 19th of November 2020. Registrations are now open! Please register here.
NETWORK & OPEN SCIENCE NEWS
- The British Library is hosting the Open and Engaged Conference 2020: Inequities in Scholarly Communications”, 19 October 2020, 10.45 CET, Register here. It’s free and online.
- Participate in this IFLA survey online until the 30th of October: “How is the transition to Open Access impacting library collection, content development and management?” https://bit.ly/2FmaE2M
- Focus on Open Science is organising a workshop on the 12th of November 2020 “About Autonomy of Science’ with Dr Paul Ayris and Prof. Li Jianhui, the director of China Science and Technology Cloud. Register here.
- Registration to the DARIAH Virtual Annual Event 2020 is now open!
We kindly ask you to register for each session that you wish to attend. The full programme of the event is now finalised and can be found here. Select the sessions you would like to attend and make sure you register to be able to follow the event. For more information follow #DARIAH2020 and check the event’s website at https://bit.ly/3jSslG5 .
- SPARC Europe has released an anticipated new report: Open Access: An Analysis of Publisher Copyright and Licensing Policies in Europe, 2020. This analysis explores copyright and licensing practices amongst prominent journal publishers and OA publishers in DOAJ in Europe. Access to the report here: https://bit.ly/3djakOZ
- COAR is very pleased to announce the release of the COAR Community Framework for Best Practices in Repositories. The purpose of the framework is to assist repositories in evaluating and improving their current operations based on a set of applicable and achievable good practices.
- Last day to register! EOSC Governance Symposium 2020. From 19 to 22 October 2020 (mornings only). Register here.
- Save the date! Digital Humanities in the Nordic countries (DHN 2020), Riga, 20-23 October 2020
- Save the date! COVID-19 Virtual Roundtable on December 4th 2020. LIBER will be soon sending out a survey about the situation with research libraries during the pandemic and how LIBER can support them.
- Call for Speakers and Poster Presentations at the next Open Science Conference 2021(17-19 February 2021). Please note: The Open Science Conference 2021 will be held entirely online and has been extended to three days due to the digital format.
- Call for papers at the next International Conference on ICT enhanced Social Sciences and Humanities 2021. June 28 – 30, 2021 – Online conference – Free to attend and free to publish.
Want to share your news in the next LIBER Alert? Email email@example.com with a one-sentence description and a link related to the news, event, or job vacancy you’d like to share. LIBER Alerts are brought to you by Europe’s Largest Network of Research Libraries.
You are receiving this email because you signed up for updates from LIBER Europe.
Our mailing address is:
The Hague, 2509 LK