This Working Group was part of LIBER’s 2013-2017 Strategy.
Under the guidance of the group, numerous documents relating to copyright and TDM were published, including A Basic Guide to Limitations and Exceptions in EU Copyright Law for Libraries, Educational and Research Establishments and a TDM Factsheet.
The group’s work to promote the need for better access to information helped result in a proposal for a TDM exception by the European Commission in 2016. We responded to the Commission’s proposal, and are continuing our work to ensure that the needs of research libraries and their users are taken into account as part of the Commission’s work to reform copyright.
The work of this group is continuing as part of LIBER’s 2018-2022 Strategy. For more information, see the Copyright & Legal Matters Working Group page.
- Jonas Holm, University of Stockholm, Sweden (Chair)
- Maria Rehbinder, University of the Arts Helsinki, Finland (Vice Chair)
- Damiaan van Eeten, Leiden University Libraries, Netherlands
- Jean-Claude Albertin, BCU Lausanne, Switzerland
- Paul Ayris, UCL, UK
- Ignasi Labastida, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Gerald Spindler, University of Goettingen, Germany
- Barbara Szczepańska, Poznan Foundation of Scientific Libraries, Poland
- Ben White, British Library, UK
- Andreas Wiebe, University of Goettingen, Germany