Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national and special libraries to support world-class research.
As part of a planned expansion, LIBER will launch new services and events in 2020. We are therefore looking for an experienced Events & Partnership Manager who can take the lead in organising LIBER’s Annual Conference and a new mid-term event. The successful candidate will also spearhead workshops and meetings for both LIBER and our portfolio of funded European projects, and will further develop our sponsorship strategy.
Are you outgoing and confident in all aspects of event management — from high-level budgeting and strategic planning through to on-the-ground execution? Can you build relationships with sponsors, hosts, speakers and other key players? If so, we invite you to apply. This is a full-time position, starting immediately.
Details of this job opening are below. You may also download the vacancy as a PDF.
Event Planning & Execution
- Take charge of all aspects related to the organisation of high-quality, dynamic events which match LIBER’s 2018-2022 Strategy and services, in collaboration with co-hosts, programme committees, sponsors and team members;
- Be a key player in the development of programmes which offer educational, enlightening and interactive experiences to LIBER’s network;
- Act as a floor manager during events, ensuring the smooth execution of all logistical and technical considerations;
- Provide attendees with a first-class experience, from the announcement of a new event through to post-event feedback;
- Advise on protocol and security for high-profile guests (e.g., government ministers).
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with current and prospective sponsors, as well as with other key contributors (e.g., with speakers, local hosts);
- Advise on and contribute to the development of a new sponsorship strategy for LIBER.
- Draw up communications plans for events, in collaboration with LIBER’s communications team;
- Lead in the creation of content which promotes and communicates key aspects of each event (e.g., call for papers, opening of registration) and ensure the quality of material produced by local hosts by proofreading and feeding back on drafts of materials such as programmes and registration forms;
- Maintain communications channels such as event-specific social media accounts and conference websites;
- Deal with inbound communications and customer enquiries related to events.
Assessment & Reporting
- Maintain records of session participants (in accordance with GDPR) and materials used;
- Measure and report on event effectiveness through surveys, evaluation forms, KPIs, narrative reports, project deliverables and other methods;
- Share key outcomes with LIBER’s Communications team so that achievements can be included in network publications such as the Annual Report and strategic updates;
- Report on all activities to the Executive Director.
- A degree in events management or a related field, and training in protocol and security;
- 5+ years of experience in the organizing, planning and execution of events (ideally both physical and online events such as webinars), and in the management of sponsors;
- Knowledge of the needs and interests of research libraries;
- A belief in inclusion, collaboration and helping communities to self-organize to achieve their goals;
- Confident communicator who can effectively use social media and networking to create buzz around events;
- Excellent research, organizational and people skills;
- Team player who is fun to work with, able to turn obstacles into opportunities, and serious about delivering high-quality events on a budget;
- Demonstrable skills in project and event management;
- Native English speaker
Preferably You Also Have Knowledge Of
- Subjects in the field of Open Science;
- Another European language.
We Offer You
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team;
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work;
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- Salary – Scale 10. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum €2.672 to maximum gross €4.237 per month (depending on experience), plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment.
- Reports to – the Executive Director.
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague.
- Hours of Work – 100%, 40 hours per week.
- Period of Appointment – A 1-year contract will be offered initially. An extension will be possible, depending on performance.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours working, including weekends, as well as regular travelling is expected. This is in association with conferences, meetings and other events.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to email@example.com using ‘Events & Partnership Manager’ in the subject line. Please note that you must have a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.
The closing date for applications is 1 November 2019.