Founded in 1971 and based in The Hague, LIBER is Europe’s largest research library network. We help our university, national and special libraries to support world-class research.
To contribute to the implementation of the strategy, LIBER is looking for an Executive Assistant who can support our team, the Executive Board and the Executive Director. The successful candidate is the linchpin in the web for the membership administration and board meetings and plays a major role in organizing the LIBER Annual Conference and other events organized by LIBER.
The successful candidate will be flexible, sharp, highly organized and internationally minded. You will play a central role in a dynamic international organisation and are keen to develop, grow and take on additional challenges and responsibilities. Your tasks and duties will evolve, along with the organisation.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately.
- Maintaining services to LIBER Participants (mailing lists, member database) and overseeing the invoicing process.
- Scheduling meetings and preparing documents on behalf of the Executive Board and the Executive Director.
- Distributing documents for meetings, taking minutes and tracking follow ups.
- Preparing and distributing quarterly mailings to LIBER Participants.
- Administering and managing the LIBER Office, including preparing and processing invoices for payment in collaboration with the Finance Controller, and being the first point of contact for facility needs of employees.
- Contributing to the organisation of the LIBER Annual Conference and other events; administering call for papers and contributions to the programme, contacting speakers and maintaining contacts with local hosts.
- Maintaining, in cooperation with the Events & Partnership Coordinator, the relationships with LIBER sponsors.
- Are highly organized and efficient, and can work to tight deadlines.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Have the ability to multitask and operate effectively in a moving environment.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can build strong relationships with people at all levels, both inside and outside the organisation.
- Are fluent in English, have a basic knowledge of Dutch and have good written skills in both languages.
- Are proactive, detail-oriented, resourceful and dependable.
- Have a high level of proficiency across office software applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Have experience with software for keeping information on websites up to date, preferably WordPress.
- Have experience with accounting software packages, preferably Exact Online.
- Are able to work across cultures and time zones.
- Are aware of / are interested in research libraries and universities.
We offer you
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team.
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work.
- A broad scope of responsibilities.
- Salary – Scale 7. This implies a full-time equivalent of minimum €2.338 to maximum gross €3.169 per month (depending on experience), plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
- Benefits – An excellent pension scheme and a flexible and friendly working environment. 338 Hours of Annual Leave with a 40 hours contract.
- Reports to – the Executive Director.
- Location – LIBER Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague.
- Hours of Work – 100%, 40 hours per week.
- Period of Appointment – A 1-year contract will be offered initially. A permanent contract will be possible, depending on performance.
Special Working Conditions
Occasional out-of-hours working, including weekends, as well as regular travelling is expected. This is in association with conferences, meetings and other events. Because of Covid-19 we now work from home and temporarily organise all events online. We offer a flexible working environment in a small team.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile? For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact LIBER Executive Director, Astrid Verheusen (email@example.com, +31 6 54607199). To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your eligibility for and interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Executive Assistant’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 21 August 2020.