- Launch of Metrics Working Group
- Workshop on RDM skills and policies
- OpenAire Post-FP7 Open Access publishing pilot
- LIBER Leadership Programme
- Workshop on next-generation library systems
- AARC federated identity management training
- EU Copyright reform campaign
- Launch of Open Access Working Group
- LEARN workshops on RDM roadmaps
- Future TDM knowledge cafes
The Strategic Directions of LIBER are the roadmap which enable LIBER to reach our vision of Reinventing the Library for the Future.
-Kristiina Hormia-Poutanen, LIBER President
By 2017 — the end of this strategy period — we will:
- Increase the provision of services and resources that meet the changing profile and increasingly high expectations of users based in LIBER institutions;
- Serve existing users and engage new audiences, using the best of our collections, expertise and spaces;
- Strengthen partnerships with the EU, European University Associations and a number of cognate organisations and consortia;
- Increase advocacy activity on behalf of European libraries to the EU, LIBER member institutions, research funders, sponsors;
- Help build a workforce in LIBER member institutions whose skills continue to keep pace with change.
In addition to our Strategic Directions, we do the following:
We also have two Fora, covering activities acknowledged as essential to the core work of research libraries. They are the:
- Architecture Forum, which looks at the exchange of experience between librarians and architects throughout Europe, and attempts to raise the level of awareness of new projects and trends;
- Digital Cultural Heritage Forum, which focuses on making cultural heritage meaningful for today’s online research environment and for the general public. This Forum collaborates closely with the Consortium of European Research Libraries (CERL).